The internet never ceases to amaze me.
In informatics class, I learned about Feedly. Feedly is a very convenient (and free) platform to create custom feeds of blogs and websites you’re interested in about whatever topic you choose. I created a personal interest feed and a professional one, so this is what’s on my Feedly: https://feedly.com
Cage’s Personal Interest Feed:
Diva Dirt http://www.diva-dirt.com
• Diva Dirt is a great website that reports on news about women’s wrestling. They cover everything from WWE to Women of Honor to Stardom in Japan. They post articles, interviews, exclusives and so much more. I truly love their content and that they are bringing a real sense of girl power to the digital pro wrestling world.
Koze Chronicles https://www.kalynnicholson.com
• I am already a huge fan of Kalyn Nicholson’s Youtube Channel, so of course, I needed to include her blog into this list. Her lifestyle-centric content includes advice, motivational posts, food, travel, and her journal thoughts. I really like her point of view and all the things I learn by reading her content. So definitely check it out if you’re looking to improve your life or get inspired.
• I love R29! They put out such great content for millennials such as news, articles about important topics, interviews, lifestyle hacks and more on a wide variety of topics from beauty to how to be more eco-friendly. So I know that by having them in my feed, I’m going to learn a lot from a hip & modern website.
The Positivity Blog – Practical Happiness Tips https://www.positivityblog.com
• It’s no secret that I struggle with mental health, so having positive and motivational content on my personal feed is very important to me. This website has a lot of tips to improve your life and that’s very important to me on a personal level.
• I like being informed. I like knowing what’s going on. I like learning about things. So TIME felt like a good addition to my feed because it provides news coverage and interesting articles about fascinating topics so I can broaden my horizons.
Cage’s Profesional Interest Feed:
Photography Blog https://www.photographyblog.com
• I’m a TV student so photography is very important to me, my professional portfolio/resumé and my Intagram Account. This Blog makes reviews of cameras and lenses so I can find out in a convenient place what is the best equipment for me.
Science of People https://www.scienceofpeople.com
• Although I study communications, I feel like I totally suck when it comes to talking to people so “science of people” teaches humans how to interact effectively and professionally. And it’s backed by actual science!
B&H Explora https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/
• I was able to visit this store in person last time I was in New York and IT IS IT’S OWN WORLD!!!! Every piece of production equipment you could ever want or need AND things you had never even dreamed of. It’s two massive floors of everything I need to learn for my Bachelor’s Degree. I was in heaven! So I picked this website to add to me professional feed because of all the reviews it has that are not all photography based. This equipment is very expensive! So if I’m going to invest I want to be very well informed.
Premiere Pro https://premierepro.net
• I do a lot of editing! I’m constantly editing little videos, short films, content for the internet or I freelance as an editor. But I’m still learning how to become a better and faster editor and the official website of the editing software I use is super helpful to have in my feed so I can improve my skills and learn the program better.
Digital Films https://digitalfilms.wordpress.com
• How many times can I say this? I’m a tv student. So I added digital films to my feed because it provides reviews hardware and software applications used by video professionals so I can learn and grow in my field.
So as you can see, Feedly is pretty cool and simple to use. Check it out and find yourself getting smarter from all the knowledge your absorbing instead of just looking and someone’s selfie. Are you gonna give Feedly a shot? Tell me in the comments below.
🖤 PJ Cage